The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials Edition *spoilers*
WHY are these books set out to ruin my life?
- thanks for ruining my TMR otp. It was like Hijacked Peeta, only not romantic, very frustrating and not even sad. I felt the same way Thomas did. Empty.
- This book is a little slower paced than TMR, but the scenes that were meant to feel urgent were a lot scarier. (the Cranks attacking the first time, the storm, the Cranks chasing Brenda and Thomas underground)
- Some scenes seemed rushed or idk… uninspired? Like, the green glowing box, The blondie with the gun forcing them to go to the party, etc
- Brenda and Thomas had no growth, just automatic fascination and that is always hard for me to cling to. It’s a weirdly done love triangle.
- I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON. I know that’s kind of the idea, but I was hoping I could at least START piecing together what is happening by the end of the second book.
- I love Minho, but I miss Newt. He is hardly anything in this book
I’m looking forward to some shucking answers in the third book. I liked Scorch Trials, but generally I just feel frustrated. That’s how our protagonist feels, so I suppose Dashner is doing a great job in keeping us how Thomas feels.
Posted on December 29th at 9:47 AM
Tagged as: keep scrolling. james dashner. tmr. the scorch trials. cranks. my opinion. books. onlypeoplecantgrowwings.